The Cryo-Cup Grinder is a mortar and pestle specifically designed to pulverize and powder plant and animal tissue samples at liquid nitrogen temperatures.
The Cryo-Cup Grinder consists of a stainless steel, semicircular bowl (or mortar) imbedded in a double walled, insulating cup. Up to 5 grams of hard frozen tissue is placed in the mortar precooled to liq,N2 temperature. Using the special hand held pestle made of non-heat conducting plastic, the tissue is quickly reduced to a powder. Two different sized pestles are provided for a variety of applications.
Cat. No. 206, Cryo-cup Grinder, complete, Includes two different size polypropylene pestles balls. See below for extra cups (mortars) and pestle balls.
- Ideal for extraction of proteins, enzymes and nucleic acids
- Stainless steel mortar strictly controls temperature. Once cooled, no further liquid nitrogen is need during grinding
- Designed for 100mg to 5 grams of fresh tissue
- Non porous, stainless steel mortar minimizes sample loss
- Sterilizable. Easily cleaned. Affordable... stock several to process multiple samples
See the Cryo-Cup Grinder protocol at http://www.biospec.com/instructions/cryocupgrinder/
- Double insulated, polypropylene cup
- Stainless steel mortar insert (2 3/8' diameter)
- Includes two polypropylene pestle balls, 1 3/8' and 1 7/8' diameter, and one pestle handle
- Stainless steel pestle balls available
- Shipping wt. 1 lb
Cat.No. 206C Extra s.s. mortar with insulated cup. (Pestle not included)
Cat.No. 206PP138 Polypropylene ball, 1 3/8 inch dia.
Cat.No. 206PP178 Polypropylene ball, 1 7/8 inch dia.
Cat.No. 206SS138 Stainless steel ball, 1 3/8 inch dia.
Cat.No. 206SS178 Stainless steel ball, 1 7/8 inch dia.