The Cryo-Cup Grinder is a mortar and pestle specifically designed to pulverize and powder plant and animal tissue samples at liquid nitrogen temperatures.
Cat. No. 206, Cryo-cup Grinder, complete, Includes two different size polypropylene pestle balls. See below for extra cups (mortars) and pestle balls.
Cat. No. 206C, Extra s.s. mortar with insulated cup. (Pestle not included)
Cat. No. 206PP138, Polypropylene ball, 1 3/8 inch dia.
Cat. No. 206PP178, Polypropylene ball, 1 7/8 inch dia.
Cat. No. 206SS138, Stainless steel ball, 1 3/8 inch dia.
Cat. No. 206SS178, Stainless steel ball, 1 7/8 inch dia.
The Cryo-Cup Grinder consists of a stainless steel, semicircular bowl (or mortar) imbedded in a double walled, insulating cup. Up to 5 grams of hard frozen tissue is placed in the mortar precooled to liq N2 temperature. Using the special hand-held pestle made of non-heat conducting plastic, the tissue is quickly reduced to a powder. Two different sized pestles are provided for a variety of applications.
- Ideal for extraction of proteins, enzymes and nucleic acids
- Stainless steel mortar strictly regulates temperature. Once cooled, no further liquid nitrogen is need during grinding
- Designed for 100mg to 5 grams of fresh tissue
- Non-porous, stainless steel mortar minimizes sample loss
- Sterilizable. Easily cleaned. Affordable... stock several to process multiple samples
See the Cryo-Cup Grinder protocol at http://www.biospec.com/instructions/cryocupgrinder/
- Double insulated, polypropylene cup
- Stainless steel mortar insert (2 3/8' diameter)
- Includes two polypropylene pestle balls, 1 3/8" and 1 7/8" diameter, and one large pestle handle
- Solid stainless steel pestle balls are also available (please enquire)
- Shipping wt. 1 lb