A special mortar and pestle designed to grind up to 5 g. frozen tissue.
Cat. No. 206, Cryo-cup Grinder, Includes two different size polypropylene pestles balls
Cat. No. 206C, Extra Cryo-cup, without pestles balls
Cat. No. 206SS, Solid stainless steel pestle ball 1 3/8" diameter or 1 7/8" diameter (please indicated desired size)
Cat. No. 206PP, Polypropylene pestle ball, 1 3/8" diameter or 1 7/8" diameter (please indicated desired size)
The Cryo-Cup Grinder is a mortar and pestle specifically designed to pulverize and powder plant and animal tissue samples at liquid nitrogen temperatures. It consists of a stainless steel, semicircular bowl (or mortar) imbedded in a double walled, insulating cup. Up to 5 grams of frozen tissue placed in the pre-cooled mortar is quickly reduced to a powder using the special hand held pestle made of non-heat conducting plastic. Two different sized pestles are provided for a variety of applications.
- Ideal for extraction of proteins, enzymes and nucleic acids
- Stainless steel mortar strictly controls temperature. Once cooled, no further liquid nitrogen is need during grinding
- Designed for 100mg to 5 grams of fresh tissue
- Low sample loss
- Easily cleaned and Affordable... Stock several to process multiple samples
- Double insulated, polypropylene cup
- Stainless steel mortar insert (2 3/8" diameter)
- Includes two polypropylene pestle balls, 1 3/8" and 1 7/8" diameter, and one pestle handle
- Stainless steel pestle balls available
- Shipping wt. 1 lb