The BioRotator-6 is a fully adjustable, rotational mixer designed for a wide variety of mixing needs.
Cat. No. 792, BioRotator-6, 115 volt
Cat. No. 792EUR, BioRotator-6, 230 volt
NOTE: EACH BIOROTATOR-6 COMES WITH ONE ATTACHMENT OF YOUR CHOICE. SEE "BIOROTATOR ATTACHMENTS" BELOW TO SPECIFY.
The BioRotator-6 is a compact, rotational mixer used for a wide variety of mixing needs. The mixing angle is fully adjustable and six mixing speeds are provided. When adjusted with the rotation axis of the motor in a horizontal position, a roller tube attachment (792E) permits hybridization and membrane blotting using as little as 2 ml of probe solution. Using a tray attachment (792T) and adjusting the axis of the BioRotator-6 a few degrees off vertical gives the gentle rocking and swirling action required for conventional destaining and blotting applications. With axis angles between these extremes (and attachments 792R, 792H, or 792MC), one gets a rotating or back and forth washing action the length of the vial, tube, or microplate well. The BioRotator operates at low voltages and easily fits in a laboratory incubator or refrigerator. It can also be used in the field. All accessories snap on using novel fastener strips.
- Rocking: Attach the tray (attachment 792T) and adjust the angle of the motor drive to a few degrees off vertical to allow for gentle rocking of gels, membranes, and culture plates.
- Rotation: Attach the test tube holder (attachment 792R), or microtiter plate/microcentrifuge tube holder (attachment 792H and 792MC). Rotational or tumbling motion for mixing reactions, washing precipitates, blood samples, embedding, etc.
- Blotting: Attach roller tubes (attachment 792E) and adjust the BioRotator-6 motor drive to the horizontal position to blot membranes.
- Powerful gear motor powered by a remote, low voltage speed control (provided)
- Small footprint
- Can be operated in an incubator with no plug-in concerns
- Versatile, a wide range of uses
- Unique fasteners for quick exchange of attachments. Additional fasteners available for user-provided, custom attachments. See Parts & Accessories page.
- DC gear motor powered by an AC to DC adapter which plugs into a standard 115 volt AC outlet
- Six foot long, low voltage power lead to motor easily slips through gaskets of an incubator (70 degrees Celsius maximum) or cold cabinet
- Six speeds: 10, 18, 24, 30, 38, and 52 rpm (Approximately)
- Angle of mixing fully adjustable and rotation direction is reversible
- Size: 10 cm deep, 17 cm wide, 13 cm high, Weight: 0.7 Kg