Semi-Continuous Tissue Disperser
A modified, top-of-the-line domestic waste disposer that sits on top of the lab benchready ready to plug in . Closed loop plumbing has been added to the basic unit to permit recycling the contents. The Semi-Continous Tissue Disperser delivers a high quality homogenate of almost any plant or animal material. Kilogram quantities of material can be processed in minutes in either a batch- or a semi-continuous mode. Operates at room temperature or in a cold room.
Our Price : $0.00
Waste disposers are a sub-group of rotor-stator homogenizers. A rapidly rotating platform turning at high speed (the "rotor") forces Biomaterial through a non-moving stainless steel sleeve containing an array of slits or holes (the "stator") where it is sheared and cut into tiny pieces. While a standard waste disposer process biomaterial in a single pass through the disposer's elements, BioSpec's added an external recycling loop on the machine and a large stainless steel receiving container to greatly improve the homogenization process.
Unlike most lab homogenizers, the SemiContinous Tissue Disperser requires little sample preparation prior to homogenization and can homogenize kilogram quantities of tissue in minutes. The unit handles almost any kind of soft or flexable biomaterial - even homogenizing an entire mouse carcass...skin, bones and all!
- 34.6 oz. chamber with stainless steel grind components.
- 3/4 Horsepower induction motor; Power cord and on/off switch included.
- Recycle loop with adjustable ball valve allows fractional or complete recycling of homogenate for complete homogenization.
- Advanced sound insulation and anti-vibration components.
- 110VAC, 60 Hz
- Working volume in semi-continous mode: 0.1 - 1 0 kg tissue pieces suspended in 2-10 X volume of water or extraction buffer. Not compatible with most organic solvents.
- Clean with common automatic dishwasher detergent, 0.1 N NaOH or a 1 to 10 dilution of household bleach. Rinse well with water afterward.