The Tissue-Tearor is a rotor/stator type tissue homogenizer which can rapidly homogenize, disrupt, and emulsify samples in 0.5 - 1000 ml of liquid. Complete homogenization of tissues (muscle, liver, breast tissue, etc.) is usually achieved in ten to thirty seconds. Little, if any, heat is produced during the process.
If you need a 230 volt unit, please select models that end in EUR. When ordering select one of our four different probe sizes - 04, 07, XL, and 14. Unlike most competitive Brands of rotor-stator homogenizer, THE TISSUE-TEAROR COMES COMPLETE WITH BOTH THE HIGH-SPEED MOTOR AND ONE STAINLESS STEEL PROBE OF YOUR CHOICE. See chart below for probe selection guidance. Additional probes are available. All are interchangeable with the TT motor unit. A cord-less variety of the TissueTearor is also available with model numbers ending in CL.
Our Price : $0.00
The Tissue-Tearor comes complete with a high speed, variable speed electric motor, one probe of your choice and a plastic storage stand. All probes are interchangeable with the Tissue-Tearor motor. See Parts & Acc's to order additional probes alone. The Tissue-Tearor with the 14 mm diameter probe does not come with a plastic storage stand.
|Catalog Number||Practical Working Range (ml)||Probe Diameter (mm)||Probe Length (cm)|
* Dimensions taken from stator.
|Scents||Apricot, Lemon & Mango|
- Sample Volume Range: 0.2 to 1000 ml, depending on the probe selected
- Universal Motor: 110-120 volt, AC, 1.2 amp. Or, for some overseas applications, 230 volt, AC
- Probes: Type 316 stainless steel with fluorocarbon bushings
- Weight: Approximately 1/2 Kg
- Use for tissue cell disruption, emulsification and extreme mixing
- Practical answer for small samples of 10 mg to a few grams
- Easy to hold and light weight for one hand operation. Can also be stand mounted
- Inert to aggressive solutions. Stainless steel probe easily cleaned when processing multiple samples
- All probes are interchangeable and can be removed for autoclaving
- Extremely high speed 32,000 rpm motor with variable speed control
AWAY FROM ELECTRICAL LINES? Consider the model 780CL Cordless Tissue-Tearor. The purchase includes a cordless (i.e., battery operated), high speed motor, one probe of your choice, a rechargeable 9.6 volt Li battery pack and a plug-in battery charger. The maximum speed of the 780CL is slightly slower than the line-operated TissueTearor (25,000 vs 35,000 rpm). However, 25,000 rpm is quite adequate for homogenizing soft tissue like muscle, liver, or brain. The price for the 780CL Tissue-Tearor is the same as the line powered 985370 series. To order a Cordless Tissue-Tearor, combine the 780CL model number with the probe of your choice using the above table (example: 780CL-07).
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS. See http://www.biospec.com/instructions/tissue_tearor/.