The BioHomogenizer is a rotor-stator type tissue homogenizer designed to rapidly homogenize, disperse, and emulsify biological samples in 1 to 1000 m of aqueous media. The BioHomogenizer includes both the motor and probe.
Cat. No. 1281 - BioHomogenizer for 5-200ml samples, complete with 1.4 cm probe
Cat. No. 1281EUR - 230 volt version of No. 1281
Cat. No. 1285 - BioHomogenizer for 100-2000ml samples, complete with 2.5 cm probe
Cat. No. 1285EUR, 230 volt version of No. 1285
The BioHomogenizer's powerful motor is totally sealed and can be operated hand-held or stand mounted. During operation, the suspended material is repeatedly cycled through 12 narrow slits in the stator driven by the action of a high-speed rotor turning at 10,000 rpm. The tissue sample is rapidly sheared and disintegrated by this high-frequency mechanical action. Complete homogenization of soft tissue (muscle, liver, brain, etc.) is achieved in a few seconds. Samples may be processed in a chilled test tube or beaker immersed in an ice bucket. Other applications include the dispersion and emulsification of dairy and two-phase, oil-in-water cosmetic products.
The BioHomogenizer comes complete with both the motor and probe size of your choice.
- Versatile: Stainless-steel rotor-stator achieves any combination of mixing, emulsification, shredding, or chopping.
- Practical: The sample is usually contained in a test tube or beaker and can be kept cold by immersion in ice
- Handy and mobile. Easy to hold and feather-light
- Simple to use. No sample loss due to transfers from a blender vessel. Just hold it in a vessel and turn on the two-speed switch.
- Easy to clean. Rinse it under a tap or in a washing up container.
- Quality designed. Powerful two speed 7,000/10,000 rpm motor. Totally sealed and double insulated for safety.
- Simple operation. Two-postition momentary switch.
- Universal Motor: AC/DC 110V.
- Two Speeds: 7,000 and 10,000 rpm.
- Loading: 100 watts (designed for intermittent operation of less than 5 minutes per run).
- Insulation: Double insulated, sealed motor.
- Cable: Two-conductor.
- Overall Length: 33 cm
- Probe Length: 14.5 cm
- Stator Diameter: 1.4 cm or 2.5 cm (2 models available)
- Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz.
Other Info :
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS. BioHomogenizer operating instructions are essentially the same as for the Tissue-Tearor. See https://www.biospec.com/instructions/tissue_tearor/.
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.