The Mini-Beadbeater-Plus™ is a high-energy, single-sample bead mill designed for small labs or budgets. The Mini-Beadbeater-Plus features a programmable timer, a powerful brushless motor, and inter changable 115/230 voltage compatibility. On a busy afternoon, more than 20 tissue samples can be homogenized.
The new Mini-Beadbeater-Plus™ is a high-energy bead-mill designed to violently agitate up to a half-gram sample of biological material sealed inside a 2 ml screw-cap microvial containing tiny glass, zirconia, or steel lysing beads. The grinding action of the beads (beadbeating) rapidly disrupts microorganisms and plant and animal tissue in 5-90 seconds.
Because the cell disruption occurs inside sealed, disposable microvials, sample cross-contamination during homogenization is completely eliminated -- an important feature for nucleic acid isolation. The sterile technique easily accommodates the recovery of intracellular viruses and bacteria from plant and animal tissues. During homogenization, foaming and aerosol formation is minimal -- conditions ideal for the recovery of functional enzymes, membranes, and intracellular organelles.
The Mini-Beadbeater-Plus is also used for dry- or cryo-grinding. Heavier zirconia or steel beads and special breakage-resistant microvials are used. Hard samples such as hair, bone, teeth, seeds, and minerals are powdered in 5 - 30 seconds. All protocols developed with the Mini-Beadbeater-Plus are transferable to larger, higher-capacity Mini-Beadbeater models with little, if any modification.
LITERATURE REFERENCES: Selected Applications Using the Mini-Beadbeater.
- Versatile - processes up to 400 mg (wet weight) of bacteria, yeast, algae, tissue culture cells, and plant and animal tissue
- Simple to operate with intuitive digital controls
- Two programmable time presets
- Safety interlock lid design
- Totally sealed homogenization - no dangerous aerosols
- Uses disposable 2 ml screw-cap microvials - no sample cross-contamination
- Proven, near horizontal shaking with a compressed figure-8 (3-D) pattern
- Powered by a maintenance-free, high torque brushless motor
- Dual voltage compatibility: 110 or 220 volt
- Motor: High torque, brushless motor with 4X greater power than commonly used brush or induction motors
- Dimensions: 10 inches width, 9 inches depth, 6 inches height, shipping weight 10 pounds
- Digital: Touch pad speed control: 1-99 seconds
- Precise microprocessor-controlled speed: 4350 oscillations/minute (rpm)
- Horizontal vial displacement of 0.75 inches - more efficient than vertical shakers
- Uses standard laboratory 2.0 ml, screw-cap microvials having a sharp conical bottom
- Cell or tissue capacity: 10 - 400 mg (wet weight)
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.