Semi-Continuous Tissue Disperser
The Semi-Continous Tissue Disperser delivers a high-quality homogenate of almost any plant or animal material. Kilogram quantities of biological material are processed in minutes. Operates in either a "single batch" mode -- or, for greater through-put, a "semi-continuous" mode.
The Semi-Continous Tissue Disperser is a top-of-the-line domestic "garbage disposer" modified to operate on a lab bench top - ready to be plugged into a 120-volt power socket. The basic unit's homogenization process has been enhanced by the addition of closed-loop plumbing.
While a standard garbage disposer is limited to processing biomaterial through its disposer elements in a single pass, BioSpec Products has enhanced the homogenization process by the addition of an external recycling loop on the machine. Thus, during the homogenizing process the closed-loop plumbing enables multiple recycling of tissue.
Unlike other lab-scale homogenizers, the Semi-Continous Tissue Disperser requires little, if any, prior tissue sample preparation (e.g., cutting, chopping, or trimming). It quickly homogenizes kilogram quantities of tissue in less than a minute and can manage almost any biomaterial. In an extreme example, a whole mouse carcass can be homogenized...skin, bones, and all!
- 34.6 oz. chamber with stainless steel grind components.
- 3/4 Horsepower induction motor; Power cord and on/off switch included.
- Recycle loop with adjustable ball valve allows fractional or complete recycling of homogenate for complete homogenization.
- Advanced sound insulation and anti-vibration components.
- 110VAC, 60 Hz
- Working volume in semi-continous mode: 0.1 - 1 0 kg tissue pieces suspended in 2-10 X volume of water or extraction buffer. Not compatible with most organic solvents.
- Cleaned with common automatic dishwasher detergent, 0.1 N NaOH or a 1 to 10 dilution of household bleach. Rinse well with water afterward.
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.