Semi-Continuous Tissue Disperser
A modified, top-of-the-line domestic waste disposer that has been modified to sit operate top of the lab bench - ready to be plugged into a 110 V power socket. Closed-loop plumbing has been installed on the basic unit to permit recycling the tissue sample contents. The Semi-Continous Tissue Disperser delivers a high-quality homogenate of almost any plant or animal material. Kilogram quantities of material can be processed in minutes in either batch- or semi-continuous mode. Operates at room temperature or in a cold room.
Waste disposers are a sub-group of rotor-stator type homogenizers. A rapidly rotating platform turning at high speed (the "rotor") forces biomaterial through a non-moving stainless steel sleeve containing an array of slits or holes (the "stator") where it is sheared and cut into tiny pieces. While a standard waste disposer process biomaterial in a single pass through the disposer's elements, BioSpec has greatly improved the homogenization process by the addition of an external recycling loop on the machine and a large stainless steel receiving container.
Unlike most lab homogenizers, the SemiContinous Tissue Disperser requires little sample preparation, such as cutting, chopping or trimming, prior to homogenization and can quickly homogenize kilogram quantities of tissue in less than a minute. The unit handles almost any kind of soft or flexable biomaterial - even homogenizing an intact mouse carcass...skin, bones and all!
- 34.6 oz. chamber with stainless steel grind components.
- 3/4 Horsepower induction motor; Power cord and on/off switch included.
- Recycle loop with adjustable ball valve allows fractional or complete recycling of homogenate for complete homogenization.
- Advanced sound insulation and anti-vibration components.
- 110VAC, 60 Hz
- Working volume in semi-continous mode: 0.1 - 1 0 kg tissue pieces suspended in 2-10 X volume of water or extraction buffer. Not compatible with most organic solvents.
- Cleaned with common automatic dishwasher detergent, 0.1 N NaOH or a 1 to 10 dilution of household bleach. Rinse well with water afterward.
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.