SoniBeast - Small Sample Cell Disruptor
Quicker, Simpler, Smaller footprint, Affordable
The SoniBeast is designed for wet milling in water-based media. The patented, super high-energy beadbeater completely disrupts small samples of tissue or cells in seconds rather than minutes. It can process up to twelve 0.6 ml locking-cap PCR microtubes, each containing up to 100 mg of tissue, or three 2 ml microvials containing 10-400 mg of tissue.
Need to process samples far from the lab? Check out the SoniBeast JR.
The SoniBeast™* cell disrupter homogenizes both microorganisms and plant and animal tissue using the smashing action of colliding ceramic beads -- a process called beadbeating. Beating all other commercial beadbeaters, the SoniBeast oscillates the microtubes at a rate of 20,000 oscillations/min...some 5 to 50 times faster.
As expected, cell disruption occurs much faster when the beads inside their tubes are moving at those extraordinarily high rates. Disruption is completed in seconds rather than minutes. Faster disruption times favor better quality and higher yields of nucleic acids and proteins.
The operation of the SoniBeast cell disrupter is streamlined... the machine is operated by the push of a single button. There is no required manual clamping of tubes or vials on this beadbeater and, after seconds of beadbeating, the physical positions of vials remain unchanged from their starting location, thus making the SoniBeast the first bead-mill cell disrupter amenable to robotic systems.
The SoniBeast's sample capacity is twelve 0.6 ml locking-cap PCR microtubes, each tube containing up to 100 mg of sample. Closer to the axis of the SoniBeast is an inner ring having three positions that hold larger 2 ml microvials capable of processing up to 10 - 400 mg of tissue. Unlike the outer ring which holds 0.6 ml microvials, samples placed in the larger microvials are lysed under milder grinding conditions that mimic earlier published beadbeater protocols.
General Protocol. One to twelve 0.6 ml microtubes are sequentially loaded with beads, tissue sample and extraction media. After capping, they are inserted into the red silicone rubber grommets in the disc-shaped tube holder. Unlike all other beadbeaters, inserted tubes do not need to be clamped down.. After selecting a run time (typically 5-20 seconds) the SoniBeast is activated with the touch of a single button. Seconds later the SoniBeast turns off, the beads fall by gravity to the bottom of the vial, and the lysed tissue sample(s) is ready to transfer by micropipette for subsequent purification and/or analysis.
See https://biospec.com/instructions/sonibeast for detailed operating instructions.
- Processes one to twelve 0.6 ml PCR tubes each holding 1-100 mg (wet weight) of tissue or cells at ultra-high shaking energy (typical disruption time 5-20 seconds) or one to three 2 ml screw-cap microvials each holding 10-400 mg (wet weight) tissue or cells at conventional beadbeater shaking energy (typical disruption time 2 minutes).
- Motor Specifications: 110-120 V~AC, 1.6A, 21,000 rpm
- Manual pulse or timed operation (0.5, 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, and 60 sec with auto-reset). Activate with the push of a single button.
- Footprint: 5" wide x 16" deep. Seven inches high. Weight 11 pounds
- Two year Total Warranty. Motor replacement is anticipated with this very high energy machine - especially a with high level of usage. The SoniBeast is specifically disigned to facilitate fast, easy, on-site change-out.
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.