The BeadBeater is the ultimate laboratory homogenizer for disrupting aqueous suspensions of yeast, fungi or bacteria for recovery of expressed proteins and intracellular organelles. Achieve complete cell lysis of 10-80 g (wet weight) of within three minutes of operation. An included ice water jacket controls sample warming during the beadbeating process.
The BeadBeater comes complete with a 350 ml polycarbonate chamber, rotor assembly, motor base, ice-water cooling jacket, and your choice of one pound of glass beads...
Select the catalog number ending in...
-101 for 0.1 mm glass beads
-105 for 0.5 mm glass beads
-110 for 1.0 mm glass beads
The BeadBeater bead-mill is superior to other mechanical methods for microbial cell disruption. And, in most cases, it is the most economical. The BeadBeater disrupts microorganisms, single-cell preparations and pulverized plant and animal tissue with better than 95 percent efficiency. Typically, up to 80 grams (wet weight) of cells can be processed in three minutes. Relying on a unique crushing or cell-cracking action of colliding glass or ceramic beads rather than shear forces generated by a French Press or ultrasonicators, a Teflon impeller rotating at high speed forces thousands of minute glass* beads to violently collide in a special, clover-leaf-shaped vessel. Cells are disrupted quickly, efficiently and safely in this sealed system. The BeadBeater is easy to clean, has a small footprint, requires no auxiliary supplies or equipment and is essentially maintenance free. The beads settle out in seconds and are reusable.
* Note: Glass beads and zirconia-silica beads having diameters of 0.1 mm, 0.5 mm, and 1 mm are the preferred grinding media. Larger or heavier beads cannot be adequately agitated. Steel beads or sharp-edged particles will be damage the bead chamber.
- Ideal for isolating proteins, enzymes and intact intracellular organelles
- Powerful, high speed motor. Only durable, non-toxic components contact the product
- Designed for batches up to 80 g (wet wt.) in 200 ml of medium
- Highly efficient disruption in shortest times possible
- Sample cooling during homogenization is simple and efficient
- Homogenizer clean-up and mantinance is uncomplicated and easy
- Homogenizing chamber made of shatter-proof polycarbonate, 350 ml total volume, 200 ml working
- Rotor machined from solid Teflon
- 15,800 rpm, 3/8 HP single speed motor
- 6 inch dia. footprint X 12 inch high, shipping wt. 11 lbs
- 115 Volt, 50/60 Hz, 3 wire grounded cord
Other Info :
CONTROLLING SAMPLE WARMING. Like many mechanical cell disruption techniques, the Beadbeating process generates heat. In general for every minute of beadbeating there is a 10 degree rise in sample temperature. Should that be a problem, the ice-water jacket included with the BeadBeater helps keep this temperature increase under control. Superior control is achieved using an accessory stainless steel or aluminum sample chamber. See accessories below.
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS. See https://www.biospec.com/instructions/beadbeater/.
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.